Sunday, August 14, 2011

A little sewing while we wait...

Lord willing, our ultrasound to find out what we are having is happening this Friday. Can't wait. Until then, here's a little project to share. My sweet friend sent me this pattern and I absolutely love it. Evangeline recently decided she wants to sleep in nightgowns, and all the ones in store seem yucky. So I let her pick out fabric from Hobby Lobby and she just loves the finished product! (She's a little pink cheeked from a day of swimming at the pool) The fabric is brightly colored butterflies and I added a big ruffle to the bottom. I ended up moving the pattern pieces to make it a bit bigger as the last one I made her was a size 2 and was a little tight. I guess the pattern runs small? Here she is all clean and ready for bed!


And a sweet bonus picture. The chair she's sitting in was made by hubby's grandfather when he was young. He was a miner in Colorado and made it out of the boxes the dynamite was shipped in. It's very sturdy and Evie thinks its perfect!



3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm delighted that the Lord has blessed you with another baby.

    Evangeline's new nightgown is really sweet. I love the simplicity of the design, and the fabric and big ruffle make it girlie and pretty. I love her pretty strawberry bishop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to find out what you're having!! Hopefully Little One will cooperate ;) Let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute she is and I love the nightgown. It is SO hard to find cute (non cartoon character) gowns in the store. I've been blessed to find used ones that are cute. My girls seem to sleep with the rear ends in the air so I'm not sure gowns are going to work in the future. : )

    Did you and your mom smock the dress????

    ReplyDelete