Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bow Board

I was making a bow board for Evangeline! I followed... more or less... this tutorial HERE. I love the Sew Mama Sew blog- so many fun projects I want to try. I had hubby cut me a 20x20 piece of plywood, which I covered (using a staplegun) with batting, flannel, then this butterfly fabric- it was an old pillowcase of mine which I cut up. So I actually only had to buy the ribbon and a bit of tulle. I used ribbon with little loopy things on the sides, so I could be sure the bows wouldn't slide down or around. I also basketweaved the ribbon. I used painter's tape to secure the ribbon and make sure it was properly spaced. I may have gone a little bit overboard with that step (as you could see in the other post) but I wanted to be sure it was right! I then stapled the ribbon to the back. I added the tulle bow as a "faux" hanger. It's really hung by nails. It made a really fun project, and a great way to organize a whole lot of bows for a little girl with not a whole lot of hair! :-D


5 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! What a great idea. :) Evie is one well-dressed little gal!

    Blessings,
    Luci
    http://atranquilheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love that you use bows in Evie's hair. My mom never let us leave the house when we were little without a bow and matching pair of colored socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren, :) So cute!
    Just got your comments.. :) Thanks for visiting! Would love to talk to you some more about it via email? Can you send me your email addy? Do you have facebook?
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete