Monday, April 5, 2010

Homemade Pizza

I have a homemade pizza addiction. I think it's the best thing in the world! And it makes me happy to know that for just a teensy bit of work, I don't have to worry about overpriced pizza takeout places or nasty chemicals that are in frozen pizzas. Here's another recipe cost breakdown... And this another recipe from Tammy's Recipes. I just modified it a bit, since I've made it so many times.

2 1/2 c flour (I use 2 c all purpose, 1/2 c whole wheat) 0.51
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp yeast
1 c warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
Oregano, Thyme, and Garlic
I'm thinking for all this it might be 50 cents. I hate to estimate, but I haven't bought these things in a while, so I don't have them on receipts!
2 c pizza mix cheese 2.00
turkey pepperoni 0.42

So total, the pizza cost is 3.43. Approximately 4 servings, so 85 cents per serving! Not bad :) And so, so yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Lauren! I've been experimenting with pizza recipes myself, so I was curious to read how you make yours. Do you have a recipe for a sauce as well, or does this pizza not have a sauce?
    -Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very similar to my mom's well used and well loved recipe! Homemade pizza night is always very much looked forward to in our home- especially by Daddy. Homemade pizza is his favorite meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! When I read your post, I originally thought you were referring to a store up here named, no joke, "Homemade Pizza." You can buy "pre-made" pizzas and then bake them at home. They're good, but REAL homemade pizza is much better! We always make pizza with roasted vegetables which, in my opinion, makes it perfectly healthy. :)

    Blessings,
    Luci
    http://atranquilheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete