Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No fuss Lasagna

I really needed a new "go to" easy recipe for lasagna. I tried a new one tonight, and it got good reviews all around :) I also want to start keeping track of how much certain recipes cost total and cost per serving so I can be more budget conscious with my cooking. Here it is all out...

Frozen chopped spinach... 0.55
Mozzerella (16 oz)... 4.30
1 egg... 0.21
Pasta Sauce... 1.89
15 oz Part Skim Ricotta... 1.67
No Boil Noodles... 2.00 (guessing, since I had these on hand)
Oregano and Garlic Powder... 0.10

Total Cost... $10.72
Approximately 8 servings... $1.34

Here's the link to the recipe! (I added the spinach for more punch)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lauren! Just a quick note ~ if you are planning on freezing the lasagna before it's cooked, you don't have to boil the noodles. Useful to know, since the regular noodles are much less expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea! You just put the uncooked noodles in the lasagna? Do you have to do anything else differently? Thanks so much for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete