Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year... New Blog!

I'm so excited about starting a new blog. My old blog was mainly about crafting, and I want to continue that, but I don't have much time for it anymore, which is a great thing! Being a wife and mommy takes up most of my time, and I am so thankful for that. I kind of gave up blogging since I wasn't crafting at all- my poor sewing machine hasn't made it out of the closet since Miss Evangeline went 10 days over her due date and pretty much all I could do was sew the whole time. Mostly I'll be blogging about what I jokingly call "wife college"... menu planning, trying to learn how to be a better cook, and generally striving to glorify God in my calling as a wife and mother. So I hope you join me on my journey! Hubby has finished his kitchen remodel, and I'm starting to redecorate the kitchen.

In case you haven't seen it, here's my old kitchen theme:





I adored this retro, fun look. It was SO cute, and SO me. But, the new kitchen just doesn't lend itself to this theme at ALL. Our cabinets are very shabby chic, and I picked a lovely light grey/lilac color for the walls. It looks beachy and sweet, but it just clashes with the red and aqua. I'm selling all the old cherry things on Ebay, and hopefully using that money and some Christmas gift money from my grandmother to redecorate with a botanical/butterfly theme. I'll be posting pictures of my few slight changes that I've made soon! Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren. I was so glad to see that you were moving your blog and not ending blogging. I am looking forward to your coming post and I can't wait to see your new kitchen and some updated pics of your sweet baby! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm kind of sad you're changing your kitchen... but also excited to see what the new one looks like. And I love your new blog decor! So pretty. :) And I'm glad you're going to keep blogging as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're going to continue blogging! You have always been such an encouragement to me! :-)

    Considering how cute your old kitchen was, I can't wait to see what you do with the new one!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are still going to blog. It has always been enjoyable reading your blog. Looking forward to hearing more from you dear!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a shame to have to give up the aqua and red cherries...every time I saw something in those colors, I thought of your kitchen! Can't wait to see what your new kitchen brings...maybe some inspiration for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to see what you do with the kitchen! Would you mind posting a link to the Ebay items? (I'd love to check them out and possibly buy some!)

    ReplyDelete