Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kitchen Redecorating!

Here's a little glimpse at the new kitchen colors! These are the new plates. Yellow trim with blue grey butterflies... I think they are just right.


A little decorative honey pot... and my poor ivy that has survived so much abuse and neglect it deserves a medal.


Here's the calendar that inspired it all! My momma got me this for Christmas, and when I put it on the wall, I just knew that I needed to change the kitchen colors. This made the wall color and the cabinets really flow... as opposed to the red and aqua, which I think detracted from the colors.


I found this plate hanger at Hobby Lobby for half off.

I got this tin print when I was about 15 I think! It was in my room growing up, and my momma had found it a while back in the house. I put it up in the laundry room since it didn't really go anywhere, but now it matches perfectly. Evie loves to look at the colors and hear me describe all the different kind of butterflies.


I got these when I visited my brother in South Carolina when I was pregnant. My momma had read about Mrs. Bush decorating the White House with this artist's work, and we went to go check it out. We both got some- they were very inexpensive and so pretty! But I didn't have a place for them until now.


This is such a fun project, and I think "hunting" for a good deal and getting different little pieces at different times is so much more fun than just going in a buying a set of something. And an added plus... Hubby likes this theme SO much better :)

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, it's really pretty! I love the muted colours and the butterflies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Lauren! All the different butterfly things work so well together. I like the new blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty! Who did the calendar that you got from your mom? It looks really similar in style to one that we got for Benjamin's first year. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful!! I'm so glad to see you back to blogging. :) I'm really looking forward to it this year! I have several posts coming up talking about my new household management plans and such...and hopefully pictures of the (almost finished) clean spaces I've been working on. I haven't gotten to much painting, but I'm doing such a huge de-junking and re-organizing that everything is looking fresh and pretty. I *Love* your wall color! What is the color name/brand? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tilly, I can't wait to see your pictures! It's called "Sterling"... Behr Ultra Premium. It's got a lovely lilac undertone to the grey color, and really makes the baseboards and chair rail "pop". I got the idea from a Nate Berkus book at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love this new decorating theme! Your other was adorable, but I like this one very much too. :) I love the colors and the sweet butterflies. ..all so old fashioned and romantic and very sweet and serene. You have found some lovely pieces and they all work together so very well. Now I need to work on my kitchen. . .currently pale lime green and white (painted over old dark paneling). It needs some help! You've inspired me - thank you!

    ReplyDelete